Friday, April 5, 2013

Love

I know Wolfskin has already done a post on love, but I thought it would be OK to do another as long as I don't say exactly the same thing ^.^

People often misuse the word love. Saying 'I love potatoes', for instance. They like potatoes. They like them a lot. But they don't love them. I'll explain. 

You know the Bible says to love your enemy? Well, you can hardly like your enemy; they wouldn't be your enemy if you did. But you can love them. Imagine this:

A madman, completely off his rocker, rushes into your living room. He's dirty, completely mad, has warts all over his face, and he is yelling a string of gibberish at the top of his voice. You could hardly like that man, but you could love him. By love, I mean you could invite him to sit down, offer him a cup of tea, and help him. Now you know what I mean by love. You can see this man is in need. Ask him what the problem is, be friendly, help him, etc.

That is love.

I hope this post makes sense, and remember that while you're still a child, you shouldn't attempt to help any possibly dangerous people.

1 comment:

  1. Yes!Thank you! And even if someone already posted on something, you cans still re-post it! :P

    ReplyDelete