Sunday, October 20, 2013

No Autumn Leaf is The Same

Hello! This is SilverDawn. 

I apologise wholeheartedly for my lack of posts! I was struggling for ideas, but now I'm going to be posting some more. :)

Anyway, this post is about what I was doing yesterday: pressing autumn leaves. It occurred to me to do so when I was walking under a tree which was losing its leaves, and I looked down at the leaves on the ground, and found that no autumn leaf is the same

Of course, I knew it already; but this really made me think about it. Some of the leaves were brown with yellow speckles, some where green speckled with brown or yellow, some where yellow speckled with green, and some where yellow speckled with brown - but there were thousands of other combinations of colours. And a lot of the leaves had imperfections, little tares in the leaf from how they'd fallen or where a caterpillar had eaten or something. 

It also made me realise something more that I already knew but didn't think about: that every leaf has a story. First there was a seed. Then this seed sprouts up, and up, and up, into a tree. It grows little leaves. The leaves are green and fresh, they pass through the damp spring to the dry summer, and then, when autumn comes, they turn brightly-coloured and fall. But the story doesn't stop there; some fell on rocks, some fell on grass, some fell on gravel. Sometimes a gust of wind would blow the leaf away. 

So, basically, what I'm driving at, is...

Don't ignore the little things of nature, for each of them will tell you a story if you listen.
and
Just like autumn leaves, you are unique...stay that way.

When you actually truly realise those things above, you will feel a warm glow of happiness.


I hope this was an OK post! :) More posts to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment